Cocoa Loco Hot Chocolate spoon
Delicious fairtrade and organic hot chocolate stirrer spoons. Just add to a hot cup of milk for a delicious fairtrade Christmas treat.
Cocoa Loco chocolate is from single origin cocoa from the Fairtrade cooperative CONACADO in the Dominican Republic. The cooperative is made up of 182 small-scale producer associations with a total membership of 10,000 small holder cocoa farmers. Cocoa is grown under the shade canopy of tall native trees and smaller banana, citrus, and avocado trees whose fruit is sold at the local market. Vegetables are grown for home consumption.
Almost half of members’ production is now sold to the Fairtrade market. The additional income from Fairtrade has been invested in:
- Schools have been built or repaired
- scholarships and equipment provided to students from poorer families
- A clinic and free medical checks
- Clean water projects helping to improve the communities health.
- New IT centre, helping children with their homework and bringing the internet to the community
- employment for 30 agricultural technical officers to provide training to the farmers to improve yields, and help convert to organic production and plant new trees.
- processing and warehouse facilities to improve the quality of their cocoa.
So enjoy your drink knowing you are helping to contribute to some great social development fairtrade projects.